I have a need for two machines on different VM systems to be able to
periodically exchange messages. These two systems have two connections-
RSCS TCPNJE and ISFC. I thought that the simplest might be passing
messages via RSCS and Pipelines. I have been having a bit of a problem
in my trials that is illustrated below:

pipe (end \) starsys *msg cp set msg iucv  | take 1 | pipestop | cons
RSCS    From VMLX1(VTADMIN): HELLO
FPLSMG346E No message found (id 1321502363)
FPLMSG003I ... Issued from stage 1 of pipeline 1
FPLMSG001I ... Running "starsys *msg cp SET MSG IUCV"

The first line is a pipe whose only function is to receive one message
and display it on the console. Line 2 is the message received and
displayed. It is the other 3 lines hat are the problem. I have tried
various combinations and settings. The ones that produce the message all
get the error messages. The others do not display the message,
apparently because they do not receive it.

The message was produced by the command "#cp smsg rscs msg node userid
hello" . Neither machine has RSCS command privileges.

Regards,
Richard Schuh