Would it be feasible to default NAME to something like
UsedName.ExecType.sigl for Rexx programs?   UsedName could be word 6 of
PARSE SOURCE and ExecType could be word 4.  sigl would be the setting from
the last CALL/function invocation.

I something like this, and i never have a question where to look when doing
diagnosis.

--
OREXXMan