On 8/18/2016 3:35 PM, Rob van der Heij wrote:
>> in the description of LITERAL (which includes STRLITERAL) I find
>> > Premature Termination: "literal" terminates when it
>> > discovers that its output stream is not connected.
>> and assumed this holds true for STRLIT COND too.

> Really works just fine. I created an input file with one of those targets
> near the end, and added this after the "diskback"
>  '| c: not count lines | insert ,Lines:, | cons \ c:',
> Shows me that just enough lines were read until there's a match.

I'm seeing the same behavior as Mike:  With nothing more connected at
the "...", with or without that COUNT added, CP INDICATE shows thousands
of IOs done.  COUNT shows the whole file being read.

My first thought was that maybe LITERAL never got control back after it
stopped to wait for a record on the input.  But I get the same result
without CONDITIONAL.  If I remove LITERAL entirely on the pipelines that
never get any records, *then* it stops as soon as it gets a hit.

Doesn't matter what stage I put there instead:  XLATE, FIND, LOCATE,
SPECS, even TAKE 0, the message of EOF never finds its way upstream.
(Oddly, though, if I put TAKE 0 *before* the STRLITERAL CONDITIONAL,
then it does stop right away.)

¬R