Hello Hobart!

> I use BROWSE often.  At the risk of throwing a monkey wrench into the
> works, I'll add a few comments.

Thank you for writing down what I thought.

Well, your first point may be a bit special, I regard browse first
as data-presenter for interactive applications. But if it helps
also to get something to the log of a disconnected machine, well
done. :)

On the other hand, what you ask for will take some effort. I am
about to recode a xxxxLIST like application (to show files and
content of dumps from HP-LIF disks), it takes its time until every
detail is shiny as it should be.

Browse main advantage is its speed, I use it to display converted
data, that converts very slow, converting the whole file is too
slow for interactive handling. But browse holds processing if
there is enough data to display one screen and continues only when
scrolling down. This way the user does not remark a delay, only
when scrolling to the end. :(

Drawback, what is shown as bullet point in Xedit and by cons/term
shows as little upper 3 with browse. Grrrr! But only on a more
up-to-date 3270. Again grrrr!! with more emphasis.

Ciao.....Mike
--
www.Ok.de - die kostenlose E-Mail Adresse