Thanks John H and Alan,

Funny thing about cmsiucv... I first started with that, but when referring
to the manuals it was using iucv, so I thought, oops. :-)

It's also a learning thing, but my main goal is to write an ftp client (at
least enough initially to get and put a file) that can do FTPS.  After
asking here about updates to the FTP_REXX pipe stage to do that, it seemed
the solution was open an RFE to update rexx sockets etc to support that, or
write my own in C or Assembler.  I opened an RFE but wanted to work on a
solution instead of just wait and see if/when IBM provides it.

I know about the tcpclient stage but didn't pursue that in light of the
comments in the other thread.

If "Rob already has something" I'm certainly interested in trying it out.
I checked the "vm download page" for community contributions but didn't see
anything there. Found some other, unrelated goodies though. It's like
shopping at Costco.... I go in looking for an ftps solution and come out
with everything but that. :-)

Cheers,
Don

--