Indeed, WILDCARD is aimed at what LISTFILE does, so you'd bend a few pipes
to make that happen. Hoping I don't confuse you even more:

/* */
'PIPE (END \ name T1.EXEC:2)',
   '\ literal johnboy jimboy somegirl jimboys ',
   '| split ',
   '| spec w1 1 ,x x, nw',
   '| w: if wildcard ,j*boy x x, ',
   '|   insert ,yes ,',
   '| w:',
   '|   insert ,no! ,',
   '| w:',
   '| cons'

Your extra hints about the keywords sounds promising. So you know which
part of the keyword would be "wild" ? Show me some examples of how that is
specified, I feel a pipeline coming up...

Sir Rob the Plumber