Am 09.11.2018 um 15:45 schrieb Alan Altmark:
> When you say "trigger VSCREEN WAITREAD", do you mean that you would like a
> VSCREEN WAITREAD command to end  because of an external event?  If so, the
> answer is "No".

Too bad. Help about VSCREEN WAITREAD mentions about the possible
content of variable waitread.1:

        "The UNKNOWN value can also be set due to an
        interrupt by CP. For example, a warning message."

But I am not on the latest z/VM. And (just tested) a WNG from OP
is not an attention interrupt that "triggers" VSC WAITREAD.

With the beat stage it would have been so simple, elegant, so...
'pipeingish'.

> Paul Whitmer and I were discussing this issue here a few weeks ago.

Sorry, I've overlooked it. If you are interested I could explain why.

Ciao.....Mike
--
www.Ok.de - die kostenlose E-Mail Adresse