On 2019-06-11 6:55 PM, Rob van der Heij wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 23:00, Glenn Knickerbocker <n...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>> The "better handle" part is what I don't know enough about the guts of
>> XEDIT to know where to find, if there is one:  some marker that stays
>> with the line as lines are moved, added, or deleted above (maybe even
>> including) it.
> You're not looking for SET POINT are you?

That's the closest external interface I thought of, but it has the two
limitations I detailed before:  It means reserving a name for this
instance of this stage's use, and if the named line is deleted I don't
know where it used to be.

I was hoping there might be something accessible deeper in the guts to
mark the start or end of that line, and stick to the previous or next
line when the line was deleted.

¬R