On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 17:39, van Sleeuwen, Berry <berry.vansleeu...@atos.net>
wrote:

> Oops, is that also a PUTFILES that's generally available? Mine is the one
> I obtained from the VMTOOLS page. I didn't know any other version might
> exists.
>
> I for sure assumed the VMTOOLS PUTFILES package and I guess Kris also
> assumed I am referring to this package.

I figured that, but don’t recall ever getting a copy. The things we
discussed are part of why there isn’t a built-in program for it. I suppose
you could write a generic one that looks at data in flight and switches
between different approaches depending on the number of files and size of
chunks. But in the end you know better what is likely to happen.

Rob