Presuming I am part of the group:

The reason that what is now PIPSYSF did not get rolled into the various levels of CMS/TSO pipelines is that the remaining function is not always working as you want.  Or perhaps is (ghasp) buggy.

Do you really want IBM to spend the effort to document PATTERN? I expect the SNOBOL manual is long out of print, so there may even be copyright issues here if IBM has to include material from that book.

I was about to roll TERSE in some twenty-five years ago when I discovered a bug.  So I pulled it at the last moment as it became clear to me that I would never be able to build a regression test reference.

My suggestion, Dave, is that you go through the contents of PIPSYSF and then tell IBM which function you really want integrated and supported.

Perhaps someone will move PIPSYSF from Marist to the IBM download page.  You have my blessing.