On Thursday, 12/02/2021 at 03:15 GMT, "Rob van der Heij"
<rvdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's nothing today, and it isn't easy if it isn't sent through
something
> like *VMEVENT or STARMSG.
>
> I can see the value of a pipeline application using a stage to subscribe
> asynchronous events that come in the form of specific external
interrupts.
> My pipeline-based service machine would then be able to respond to the
> SIGNAL SHUTDOWN. I also envision CMS Pipelines wanting to know about
time
> zone changes, but I hadn't thought about whether that needs to be
available
> as an asynchronous event.

Back in 2016 I started work on a CSL routine to work with shutdown
signals.  The basic start, stop, query, and "load quiesce PSW" functions
were completed, but I shelved it before adding the CMS Event Services
support.  Without the event services support, all you can do is poll for
the signal.  Not too useful, IMO.

PIPE would need a way to listen for that event.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM Systems Lab Services
IBM Z Delivery Practice
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323