On 6/13/2022 4:34 PM, John P. Hartmann wrote:
> Oh, adjust the number by 1 for the wrapper.  And forget about SHORT
> there will be no input to short.

Easy enough to use PIPCMD directly to avoid any REXX complications:

  'PIPE literal callpipe rexxvars' i 'nomsg233 || *: | pipcmd |' etc.

I'm curious what hazard I'm overlooking in APPEND, though.  Seems like,
with no primary input, it sees EOF and calls the stage and everybody's
happy.

> Some option to ignore the error on a nonextant environment for read
> might be a good thing.

Read OR write, I'd think.  Either way, I might want to mess with the
caller but not fail when called from the command line.

  'PIPE rexxvars 1 toload noerr233' ,
    '| locate ,get,'                ,
    '| varload'                     ,
    '| change ,get,got,'            ,