some cms's do provide import functionality, particularly for moving content
from popular blogging apps like wordpress, but i guess what you are talking
about is more like an abstraction layer. My guess is that this would be
pretty difficult to implement given the different approaches to database
structure taken by major cms's.

Having said that, if you know what you need, writing a simple api to extract
data from another cms's database may not be as difficult as it sounds, or
even hooking into an api. (always easy to say something like that when you
have no intention of actually trying it ;) )