Thank you for your reply.

Areas of the project are mutating at a significant rate, so it may be that the diagnostics will have changed or be eliminated by the release.

But as I've written, I'm sure there will be plenty of fun then.

Oh, and one more thing: It looks like read-line has a 1,024 character line length limit. This isn't so bad, but it also appears to sometimes hang when presented with some 30 KB of no-newline text at a time.

== Steven