Folks --

Thanks to Ray for the mention.

And, I must add that my novel relates directly to CMUCL in two ways.

First, the graphics editor / page layout program I used to write
(and draw) the book is written in lisp and runs in CMUCL and CLX
under OS X.

Second, believe it or not, lisp has a pivotal role in the major
subplot, which involves a visual lambda calculus, an aging Zen
master / performance art cult leader, and a villa in Versailles.

So, exactly how does this all relate to a graphics bar in West Oakland?

Fictionally.

Also, interestingly, I think.

regs,
-f

PS Much thanks to Ray and all of you for building/maintaining CMUCL over
the years, and to many of you Ray included for your help to me personally.

PPS I'm off to Macworld for a few days. If there is any interest,
when I get back I can create a special CMUCL-list only page at Lulu
for ordering copies at cost.

Ray wrote:
 ray> From: Raymond Toy <raymond....@ericsson.com>
 ray> Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:48:57 -0500
 ray> Sender: cmucl-imp-bou...@cons.org
 ray> X-original-sender: raymond....@ericsson.com
 ray>
 ray> First, a belated Happy New Year to everyone!
 ray>
 ray> Second, I thought I would mention that Fred Lakin, a long-time cmucl
 ray> user, has written a novel, Live Graphics Nightly
 ray> (www.livegraphicsnightly.com).  See can also see an excerpt at
 ray> lulu.com.  I have not yet read the book, but the reviews and previews
 ray> are good.  How does this relate to CMUCL?  He has a nice
 ray> acknowledgement to all of the CMUCL implementors and maintainers.
 ray>
 ray> Happy New Year,
 ray>
 ray> Ray