From: cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Hickson
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:58 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Antifouling removal - chemical strippers

Facing the nasty task of stripping the bottom paint off the C&C 29 mark 2
that I bought this spring.
It has 1 to 2 mm of blue ablative antifouling buildup that looks like the
face of the moon (lots of craters) I was thinking of trying one of the
chemical paint strippers.

Practical Sailor rated the following strippers in order of their preference
> Franmar - Soy Strip (Best Choice)
> Back to Nature - Ready Strip (Budget buy) Back to Nature - Aqua Strip
> (Recoomended) Petite - Bio Blast (Recommended)

Has anyone tried these products?
Any comments / words of wisdom?
How do these products compare to soda / lime / wet sand blasting?

Once stripped, I am planning to do Interprotect Barrier Epoxy Coat and
VC17M.
Planning strip this fall, let it dry over the winter and do the epoxy in the
spring

Best regards,
Bob Hickson, P. Eng, RHI, CEA
C&C 29-2 Flying Colours