OK, check my math and thinking on this one.

I want to increase the rake in Touche's mast.  I made some changes in the rig a
few months ago which brought the masthead forward so the plumb from the
masthead is only about 6 inches aft of the gooseneck.  It used to be 9-10
inches to get 1 degree of rake.

The foretriangle is close to a right triangle.  I=44' and J = 14.5'.  If I add
the 6 inches to J(for the plumb drop from the masthead), I get a right triangle
with sides of 44.0 and 15.0 and a hypotenuse of 46.487 (the forestay).

So, if I want to move the masthead aft another 6 inches, I end up with a
triangle of 44.0, 15.5 and 46.650.  The difference in the lengths of the
hypotenuses (hypoteni?) is 0.163 or about 2 inches.  By my thinking, I need a
new forestay about 2 inches longer than the existing one.

There's more to the story than this, like it's really 5 inches each for the
plumb and rake increase and I'm removing an extra toggle from the top but the
math and method should be right.

Am I right?

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83