From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: 9/8/2012 4:21 pm
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Newly Aquired CnC 25 MKII

Being new to this please excuse my inevitable inaccurate use of
nomenclature. I am, however, a retired aircraft mechanic so I do have a
good knowledge of machinery so I'm hoping that will aid me in getting and
keeping my new, to me, boat operating well. I have many questions and
here's a couple to start.
1. Hatch repair. I can't find mfg. or model. I do need a new round seal and
the bottom fitting on the extension strut. The fitting is cracked. The seal
is as good as gone. It would also be nice to replace the glass and be able
to see the world through it. I've found various seal materials on line some
out of this world expensive.

2. A good sealant for inbd. side of the toe rail. The previous owner has
used West Marine sealant (silicone) and is coming off. Is there a better
product that will last a year or so until I can rebed the toe rails? 3M
5200 perhaps?

3. Good source for lines. The halyards and sheets need replacement. Once
again I've been on line looking. There is such a variety where to start? I
would require type, length, diameter and some splicing information. The
slicing I would leave to a pro.

That's enough for a start. I'll be using this boat on the Columbia
and Willamette Rivers no salt. I'm a photographer, hobby, and I think this
boat will make a great platform for photographing the wildlife, people,
shipping etc. and just plain exploring. I welcome all knowledge and
opinions on the above.

Bob C