Tom,

let us know if you have any success.  The Canadian digital chart market is
a colossal screw up.  Years ago, the government awarded a monopoly on
electronic chart distribution to some outfit out of Newfoundland, and for
years, those folks have been charging a king's ransom for the charts.  I
had heard a while ago of some initiative to break that situation, but
frankly haven't followed it closely since my boat hasn't been in Canada in
almost 3 years.

It'd be nice if they could make them freely available as NOAA does for US
charts.

Cheers
Colin

On Saturday, February 11, 2012, Tom Lochhaas <toml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know if anyone sells individual CHS digital charts? Making a short
visit to Yarmouth, NS, area this summer and desire charts 4240-4244 but
don't feel like buying the full ATL06 region for $175. I like raster charts
for use with my laptop navigation programs.
> Second best, I also use an Android tablet and have the Navionics USA app
and can get the USA/Canada charting app for a mere $15, which should cover
that area in vector charts, but I still prefer raster charts that match my
paper charts. Anyone know of any Android apps that cover Canada using
raster charts? (Couldn't see any on Android Market.)
> Thanks!
> By the way, for anyone new on Android, I've just published a comparative
review of 5 different charting apps for US waters:
http://sailing.about.com/od/SailingApps/a/5-Android-Apps-For-Boat-Charts-And-Navigation.htm