Replaced the tank on perception with a 3 gallon Quick tank. The Raritan I took out surprised me with the amount of rust I had to clean up when removed it.

New tank is smaller and heats quicker, the admiral has not complained of a lack of hot water since the change - a frequent source of them before.

Paul. :)

On 2012-09-16, at 10:59 AM, <<mailto:cptnm...@shaw.ca>cptnm...@shaw.ca> wrote:

Has anyone on the list had any luck replacing the temperature pressure relief valve on the 6 gallon (I think) OEM hot water tank-heater in a 33 mk II (1986). Mine is venting hot water into the bilge after a time, both with engine heat alone and with shore power. Alarming in itself, until you find the source! The valve looks pretty rusted up, I'm thinking maybe sticking due to corrosion and with a valve running <$30.00 as opposed to >$500.00 for a new tank, probably worth a try.