Well I never actually timed the process ,but I have never had to rush around during it either ! It is a little SB 8 so how much water does it really need (haha)
On 20/10/2012 7:12 AM, dwight veinot wrote:

3-4 minutes...your pump is very slow...mine puts at least 4 L through per minute...I am surprised that you don't have a cooling problem

Dwight Veinot

C&C 35 MKII, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

*From:*CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] *On Behalf Of *D.Drake
*Sent:* October 20, 2012 8:04 AM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List Winterizing a 2GM20F

Sebastion
That's pretty much how I go about it with the exception that I have crew monitor the bucket of antifreeze to ensure that it never goes dry . It takes my SB 8 Yanmar about 3-4 minutes to start spewing antifreeze out of the exhaust . at which point I stop the engine . The next step is to open the cooling circuit drain on the right (Portside) side of the engine to ensure that antifreeze is past the thermostat .The important thing is to get as much water out of the internal engine circuits as possible and fill it with antifreeze