From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Burton
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 10:55 AM
To: j...@dellabarba.com; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Heaving-to

Yeah...there are times when heaving to is the wrong answer; Huge steep confused
seas that could roll the boat, when you're in the Gulf Stream, etc. In that
case I would trail warps or a drogue and run under bare poles with someone
steering. Did that for a couple of days once in the same area on an older yawl
with the breeze gusting to 90 and 50-foot seas. We had to literally lash
ourselves to the mizzen while driving so the waves pooping the boat would wash
us away from the wheel. I figure Hornblower would have done the same thing!
Andy
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Joe Della Barba