  From: Alan Bergen
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:43 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List Missing Sail Track

  Eric:

  The track on my boat is similar to yours.  When I reef, I remove the pin that
keeps the slugs from dropping off the track, slack the halyard allowing the
slugs to drop out of the track, attach the reefing cringle to the "horns" at
the forward end of the boom, and tighten the main halyard.  It's a PITA, but
having slugs makes it easier to drop the main when single-handing.  Another
choice is to have a rope luff on your main instead of slugs, or install a fast
track system, such as sold by Tides Marine.  Go to www.tidesmarine.com and
click on SailTrack Systems.  They're expensive, but it's on my list of things
to upgrade.

  Alan Bergen
  C&C 35 Mk III Thirsty
  Rose City YC