From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bruno
Lachance
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:20 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Cutting my keel

Hi,

A friend of mine did the job himself on his 29-II with the help and support
of the guys at Marsmetal in Ontario. He took the measurements, cut the keel
(chainsaw), draw the print and order the kit. It's a pretty big job, but
very feasable if you have the time to do it right. Probably for half the
cost. My friend is really happy with result, with the new height of the boat
he can now tow his boat down to florida on its trailer for the winter and
then come back! the performance loss under sail is minimal in his opinion.

There' a lot of info on that procedure on their website:

http://www.marskeel.com/

By the way i think they were the manufacturer for C&C, so they have the
templates, design, everything to do it right. I met another happy customer
who did business with them to reduce the draft of his 34. A trip to the
Bahamas was his motivation.

I looked at this project very closely before buying my 33-II, i was afraid
of the deep draft, but finally i love the boat so much as is, i would never
be able to modify the design, i prefer to modify my schedule instead and
work with the tides. But i understand that some people just have no other
choices and love the C&C! so what can you do!

 Bruno Lachance

Bécassine, C&C 33 II (1987)

  _____