Fred,

I suspect you have the same bronze tapered cone seacocks as I do.  I do not
have any advice on getting them unstuck other than trying to take them apart
(on the hard of course!) and some gently tapping with a mallet on the thin
end of the cone.  This worked in the past for me on some of my stuck
seacocks where there is room to swing the mallet.  For my seacock in the
engine compartment that got stuck, I paid the yard to free it as I was
afraid I might break it.

As for keeping them from freezing up again, I service mine every couple of
years (take them apart, clean off the old grease, re-grease with waterproof
grease), but more importantly I try to remember to open and close them on a
reasonably frequent basis - perhaps 2 -3 times during the season, and again
during the winter. Getting to the cockpit drain seacocks is a bit of a pain
via the lazarette etc, but worth the aggravation as it has prevented
re-freezing - so far!!

Jonathan

Indigo - 35-III (on the hard at Port Milford CT)

  _____