I have posted this before, but I don't want to miss anyone.
If you have a C&C 35 MK I with *any* of the original fuel system in place, you
may have a dangerous condition. My original fuel fill hose and 90 degree rubber
elbow were both being eaten away by ethanol gas. The elbow leaked fuel onto the
top of the tank and the fill hose dropped pieces of rubber into the tank. The
original tank was long gone, but if you still have it please get rid of that
was well. Mine was tern-plate steel and rusted through from the inside.

Joe Della Barba  Coquina C&C 35 MK I