>From PHRF Chesapeake Standard Sail and Equipment Specifications:

7. Limitations of spinnakers

A. Spinnakers shall be sheeted from only one point on the sail.

B. Battens shall not be used in spinnakers.

C. Spinnaker Luff (SL) shall not exceed .95 times the square root of (I2
+ J2) without penalty.

D. Spinnaker Maximum Width (SMW) shall not exceed 1.8 times J without
penalty.

E. Adjustable leech lines are not permitted on spinnakers.

F. Spinnaker pole length shall not exceed 100% of J without penalty.

8. Asymmetrical Spinnakers

A. Choice of asymmetrical, symmetrical, or both types of spinnakers,
shall be made at time of application or renewal and may be changed once
during the sanctioned racing season.

B. Unpenalized luff (ALU) shall be no greater than 1.1 times the square
root of (Ia2 + (J * (SPL%/100))2)

C. Unpenalized foot (AF) shall be no greater than (J * (SPL%/100) *
1.8). SPL% shall include extendible bowsprits.

D. Unpenalized mid girth to foot ratio (AMG/AF) shall be not less than
.75.

Reading this I would surmise that SPL% is measured from tip of extended
bowsprit to mast (in the manner SPL is measured at mast).  Section 7F
states that SPL% shall not exceed J without penalty.  Therefore it is
safe to assume that adding a sprit will incur a penalty based on the
amount that the new SPL% is increased over J.  If you boat is already
rated with only an ASYM spinnaker then your rating will be affected
adversely.  If you are changing from a SYMMETRIC spin to an ASYM with
pole there may be a credit for using ASYM over SYM offset by a penalty
for oversized pole and spin....

Best to ask in advance.

Mike