Yep, right on the money.  Besides, people will easily spend the same amount
on a car and not even think twice.  They even know that it will be a
loosing investment, just in gas alone.  Then they get rid of that same car
only a few years later just to repeat the cycle.  Boats (and cars) are not
things that we buy to try or because we plan to use them once a year for a
vacation.  If that was the case we would just rent.  We have all bought
into the opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle.  If we had been concerned
about the cost we would have stayed at home on the couch.

Additionally, I believe that most C&C owners are part of a select group of
sailors that have a discerning appreciation for both performance, quality,
and luxury.  Are there cheaper boats?  Yes.  Are there cheaper boats with
such an outstanding legacy?  Maybe, but I haven't found 'em.  A product is
only what a buyer is willing to pay.  I sought after my boat and was eager
and willing to pay.  Fortunately many other less discerning buyers had
passed her up.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C