Joel,

The babystay will keep the mast from pumping in heavy air.  If it pumps hard
enough, it will invert and then you will lose your mast.  I use the babystay
in winds over 12-14kts.  In light air, it serves no purpose and catches the
genoa all the time during tacks.

Yes, I rebedded mine.  It wasn't hard, just a little tedious.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III

Midnight Mistress