Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:03:21 -0800
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
From: t...@sv-alera.com
Subject: Stus-List Weeping ball valves

We are having a little salt water intrusion on two of the
ball valves on Alera.  (1/2 cup or so in the relative bilge
compartments).   I suspect the valves may just need greasing or
possible replacement.  I am having her hauled in a few weeks to
check out and clean the bottom paint, replace the zincs and grease the
Maxprop (I don't think the PO did that when he out her up and I neglected
it last year when re re-commissioned her in February).  So, I can
deal with them then.

Anyone have a similar issue with ball valves and what is the recommended
maintenance on them?

Tom B

Tom Buscaglia

SV Alera