To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fwd: C&C 38 Landfall on ebay

I agree with all of those points. I found the seller's comments interesting as regards the condition. To me he seemed to be saying, "hey, be realistic, yes it's an old boat. But look at what you're getting…"

Old boats of any kind have very, very little value these days. If you're trying to sell one by-in-large you will need to find someone who can pay cash. Loans for 30+ year-old boats are tough. My neighbor across the creek has a box stock, repainted deck and hull and kept in immaculate condition (redundant, I know) 1975 Hinckley Pilot 35 that has been on the market for three years at somewhere around $115,000. He's probably had about 3 people even come to look at it. For that kind of money plus a bit more a buyer can get a new Beneteau with an interior 4 times the size. A buddy of mine with Beneteau in Southern California has been pushing them out the door as fast as they can be delivered for over a year now.

I fully expect to give my boat away after doing what Joe is describing for his boat, a complete refit, paint and upgrades. Of course that is when I am done with sailing it and hopefully somewhere not in the near future. But I really don't care as I will have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of her for the money and time put in. That could be the situation that this seller is dealing with.

Dave
1982 C&C 37 - "Ronin"