From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Gary
Nylander
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 3:46 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Engine Control Panels

I replaced the Yanmar ignition switch on Penniless for that reason - I had
bent two keys because of where the panel is located - damn near on the
cockpit floor next to where your feet need to be. Then I bought a new
ignition switch and key - and discovered that the keys are all the same! The
old key (1980?) worked on the 2000 switch! So, the next time I stepped on
the key and broke the switch, I replaced it with a simple push-pull switch
from West at about 1/4 the cost. I figure if someone wants the boat bad
enough, they will pull or break the panel and still won't have the main
power on, so they would have to break into the boat to turn it on - there
are a lot of other more glamorous boats in the boat yard.... by the way, if
you turn off the ignition switch while the Yanmar is running, the tach
stops, but the engine keeps running, the switch is only for the starter.

Gary

30-1

St. Michaels, MD

On the hard for a while, there's many boats between me and the travel lift.