From: Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>
To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Edson Pedestal
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:37:17 -0400

Kim, There is a diagram
here:&#65533;http://www.edsonmarine.com/support/PDFs/planning/EB381SteeringGuide.pdf
 I don't think the screws go all the way to the pedestal. but I could be wrong.
Joel35/3Annapolis

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Kim Brown <kimcbr...@comcast.net> wrote:
I have been shamed into checking and lubing the steering by the crowd.
 Bottom end looks fine- no meat hooks tension seems about right etc.
&#65533;However
 I can't get the machine screws holding the binnacle loose. Upon removing the
 compass, there are four large slotted screws (with plastic/nylon isolating
 washers under their heads. They head down through the bottom of the nice
 chrome can that holds the compass. &#65533;Next layer of this wedding cake is
the
 throttle/shift piece, then a thin slice for the pedestal guard then the
 actual steering pedestal. &#65533;Does any one know if these screws
&#65533;actually
 thread into the throttle/shift layer or just pass through all the way
 through to steering pedestal itself. &#65533;Don't see any obvious way to apply
 PBBlaster, heat or other means of persuasion. &#65533;If I just slice the
heads off
 am I going to have enough of a stub to work with or am I likely to have to
 drill them out? &#65533;Guess I could leave well enough alone but that is just
 asking for failure at an inopportune time....
 Kim Brown
 Trust Me!!! 35-3

Joel
301 541 8551