Mark:

Your information is correct. If you look closely, many (maybe most) boats around here that meet Transport Canada's requirement to be are either not registered/licensed and/or not displaying their numbers on the bow. Guess it is not being enforced and not sure what the penalty is if questioned.

One of the first things I did when we bought our boat.....TC office is out in the Halifax Shopping Centre....minimal cost.

Since I was getting a new boat name on vinyl, might as well get the licensed numbers at the same time.

If you do hire a trucker to bring back your boat, ask him who he uses/recommends as a border broker......in 2006 when we went through this, Philip Stevens at Sealand asked me to use a guy in New Brunswick because they have a working relationship. I did, and it cost $125 then....he told me via internet email what documents he needed from me...I faxed them...boat arrived....I sent the broker a cheque. Simple.

Bob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.