Ed:

I had a Kirby 25 that had a single point lift arrangement similar to what Colin described. The PO had a metal bar specifically constructed that spanned two keels bolts.....you would remove the 2 nuts, place the steel bar down over the bolts, replace the nuts. The steel bar had "D shaped" metal holders welded to each end......a permanent lift strap was attached to the D shaped holders.

A 6" hole was cut in the coach roof where the main lift entered to connect to the 'lift strap, metal bar'. The hole had an removable opening port. Simple arrangement once it was constructed but knowing where the 'balancing point' is is the challenge. If you can find another C&C 24 with a similar arrangement, that would be very helpful. But keep in mind, every boat has different gear on board which might affect the 'balancing point'.

Bob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.