Message: 4
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:37:42 +0000
From: Martin DeYoung<mdeyo...@deyoungmfg.com>
To:"cnc-list@cnc-list.com"  <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List C&C 41 vs. ? in BVI

I have a conversation going with someone considering a purchase of a C&C in the
40' range to race in BVI.   I offered to present his questions to this
(cnc-listers) august body to gather the combined wisdom.

Original question:

Down here in the BVI myself and four friends race a small Hunter 30 in the various
regattas but being the smallest boat in the group we seldom get with the winners. One
of our friends down here has a C&C 41 with centerboard and he wins everything, so,
we are looking at getting a C&C ourselves.
So, the question is, which one (41 or 43) which is where I would appreciate
your guidance.

There is a C&C 41fin keel in a St Martin (90 miles from us) but would the 43 custom
be a faster vessel, we obviously want to beat our friend with the C&C 41 !!!!

Sitting in our position, which C&C would you be looking at to race down here ??

Follow-up questions:

A 41 fin keel versus a 41 center board ??

Taking a different tack (excuse the pun), how would the 41 / 43 fair against a
similar size J boat, I know they are very different animals but the J's
handicap might even out the odds.

Martin,
        Get the 41 with the fin.  It is an awesome racer and there is no
satisfaction like beating the other 41 head to head.
Howard Paul, Knot Again 35-3