From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Abbott
Sent: April 10, 2013 6:35 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Question

Background on the question......replaced the muffler and mixing elbow
today.....first time for me doing this job, second time for my mentor
who assisted....he was the more experienced at these tasks, thank
god....got to the last part of the job and ran into the old saying,
there are no easy jobs..... couldn't get the 2" hose to the muffler on
the mixing elbow end ....the mixing elbow has a small 'lip' that is the
challenge.....went on easy over the lip on the new Vernalift
muffler....worked on it until I called quit.....put on liquid dish
detergent .... heat gun .....put the hose in hot water....close but
close doesn't count....can't get enough leverage to push it up over the
lip of the mixing elbow....really frustrating.

Before someone says do you have the correct hose size....yes...2" hard
wall marine hose came off..... the same is going on.....I had to cut the
old one off on the mixing elbow side.

A smart guy, which I wasn't today, would have put the mixing elbow side
hose on in the vice grip on the work bench and not when you are on your
side in the engine compartment with little to no leverage. Mixing elbow
is not coming off going back to the workbench to get his hose on even if
I have to go to a slightly bigger hose.

I need some really innovative ideas to stretch the 2" hose to get it
over the end of the mixing elbow.     Don't tell me to use soap, heat,
hot water.....tried all of those today.....I need a really innovative
solution...

There is no problem that can't be overcome......help me please!

Bob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.