    C&C 30
    Armdale Y.C.
    Halifax

On 13/04/2013 12:26 PM, Steve Thomas wrote:
Our club requires each boat to carry a 1 million liability policy.
Steve Thomas
Port Stanley, ON
-----Original Message-----
*From:* CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com]*On Behalf Of *Russ & Melody
*Sent:* Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:56 AM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Subject:* Stus-List vessel insurance survey

A couple o' years ago at our yacht club we had a shed fire which took out seven power boats. (I know, I know. Bar talk you would hear something like.... "a good start" :) But seriously, the insurance lobby was successful in passing the requirement to have a full marine P&I policy for moored boats (presumably for the wreck recovery provision) and third party liability not less than $1 million.

So I would like to know what is happening in other locations, including retail moorage and yacht clubs. It might be best for the list traffic if you PM me and I can tabulate the results and post later.

Does your moorage agreement require a:
Marine P&I policy or  liability only or no requirement

What is the minimum liabilty, if required:

Yacht Club or private marina:

How many years has this requirement been in place:

Approximate number of mooring spots (rounded to the hundred):

Is there a requirement for reciprocal or visiting yachts to provide proof of same:

Thanking you in advance.
Cheers, Russ
/Sweet /35 mk-1

Boat_Sig Cheers,