Just a quick update on the LEDs.
I purchased what I thought were two different colors of the same type of
LED strip from eBay.<http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=320968577841>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-500CM-3528-LED-SMD-Warm-White-300-leds-Flexible-Lamp-Light-Strip-12V-Car-Moto-/320968577841

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-300-LED-flexible-light-strip-3528-SMD-Orange-Amber-WATERPROOF-12V-5-meter-/290886181005

I was concerned with the color because I have found that almost all LEDs
have a blueish tint.  It makes the light very harsh.  Fortunately the warm
white do seem to be less blue than normal although I don't think I'll know
for sure until they are on the boat.  I think the Amber colored ones might
end up being better.  What I didn't realize was that the first link (warm
white) was for a non-waterproof version.  They are about 25% of the cost of
the waterproof ones but they don't have the rubbery vinyl coating.

Just be careful what type you select for your application. Fortunately, I
have a use for them indoors so it isn't a loss.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD