I concur with Dwight's bet.  I had rainwater appearing in the after port settee
compartment that I thought was coming from a toerail leak.  But then I noticed
a drip from a crack in the headliner after a heavy rain.  So I finally took the
companion way hatch cover completely off, cleaned it up, and rebedded it, and
have not seen water in that place since then even after a heavy rain (it still
does come down the mast and into the bilge).

Apparently in moderate rain, the water coming in through the hatch cover ran
down inside the liner over to the port side without being visible en route.

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA