Mike,

I applied PlasDeck to a rear deck hatch on a Grand Banks trawler couple years
ago.  It's very easy to apply.  The folks at PlasDeck were good to work with.
It looked great after I finished.  I will send you pics of the job off list.

I sent Plasdeck some dimensions and they sent me the decking and adhesive.  I
had to trim it a bit.  That was easy.  Trimmed it freehand with a razor knife
and roughed the edge a bit with sandpaper to make it match the rest of the edge.

Make sure the surface is clean, smooth and all penetrations are filled.  Apply
the adhesive with a notched trowel.  I use a 1/4 inch notched trowel from my
house renovation tile box.  Lay the PlasDeck down and roll it with a laminate
roller.  I used this one:

<http://www.lowes.com/pd_290291-16878-53016_0__?productId=3030693&Ntt=floor+roller&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dfloor%2Broller&facetInfo=>

I placed buckets of water on the corners just to ensure they didn't curl up but
probably didn't need to.

All in all, I spent a LOT more effort filling holes and sanding the deck smooth
than in applying the PlasDeck.

My only caution is to think about not trapping any water under the PlasDeck.
It might cause the gelcoat under to blister.  I'd leave the PlasDeck a bit
short of the bulkhead to leave a gutter for the water to drain.  I'd cut the
Plasdeck so it didn't circle the scuppers.  If you make a template of the area,
PlasDeck will do this for you.

If you have any questions, just holler.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

sole.  I’m contemplating doing a DIY install.  Can anyone advise about
any pitfalls I might encounter?

>Thanks
>
>Mike
>S/V