The j109 that I race on frequently has two strips of plastic(?) 1/2in x 1/2 in
x 12 inches that are glassed to the cockpit sole behind the wheel - in just the
right spot to stop foot slide when sitting with the wheel between ones leg (
the forward foot is placed on the pedistal). They do not seem to get in the way
when standing behind the wheel when going downwind

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III