When I was looking for radar some years ago, I found confusing evaluations and
advertising. So I went to New Bedford, Ma. to see what the commercial fishing
boats were doing. Universally they all had Furuno. I bought Furuno.
Michael CottonĀ

          display requires practice. Like reading X-rays, you need to
          learn how to interpret what you see. Is that fat blob a
          navaid, or a tanker? I use mine often even when the conditions
          are crystal clear, just so I can compare what is on the screen
          to what I see with the naked eye. It also serves as early
          warning of big ships (and little ones) approaching, long
          before I notice them by scanning the horizon un-aided.

This List is provided by the C&C Photo Album http://www.cncphotoalbum.com