A while ago a friend at NSC developed one for his 30 which got wrecked while being towed to Maine for a month of cruising.

Here's what I remember when he designed his.
- Slight curve to the forward edge to allow the mainsheet to pass through and maximixe coveate. - Height was above shoulder height when standing on the seat, as you need to do to get around the wheel. - zippers to allow the back stays to pass through without being disconnected. - Hung over the transom about half the distance of the rudder centered to give coverage to the helm. - Fastening points were forward and aft enough to not interfere when in the normal helming position leaned up
      against the forward end of the pushpit.
    - Leading zipper to attach full enclosure to dodger when not sailing.

Food for thought.

--
Cheers,
   Jeff Nelson