Wow.  973 Messages...I've been away from the dock too long. <VBG>

Speaking of the dock, I spent most of last year being a marina rat. We had two spectacular electrical fires, where a dockbox exploded due to bad wiring. There are no electrical codes down here, and the first repair was done by committeemade up of marina security guards. Really. I was inside my boatand saw the reverse polarity light going on and off and turning dim, so stuck my head out to see what the heck was going on. Six guys were standing in a puddle of salt water, splicing new wire directly onto the spot where the fire started, while the entire dock circuit was live. Welcome to Mexico. Therepair was then wrapped with an entire roll of duct tape. Naturally, the next time a boat plugged in, the repair exploded and caught on fire again.

While my Freedommarine charger still outputs a charge, all the stuff that managed the 3 stage charging, as well as the monitoring circuits in my Link 2000, are scrambled. So I'm starting to think about what's next.

I haven't really been watching the technology changes in the last 10 years, but believe that there's new 'pulse' technology and better stuff than Xantrex.

Any recommendations in the 50A range, 110V 60Hz?

Wal

--
s/v Stella Blue
www.wbryant.com