Hello Jorge,

Nice talking to you the other day.

There are a few ways water can get inside our 37 XL.  One we learned the
hard way is the head sink drain has to be closed before doing any sailing
in heavy conditions where the boat may spend extended time heeled to port
more than 20 degrees.  Heeled to port past 20 degrees the head sink is
below the waterline and, as there is no check valve in the sink drain (nor
would I recommend one, hair and all that) the sea water flows in and washes
your bathroom for you.  Both times we let this happen, we stayed on that
tack long enough to bail the water out so it didn't flood the main cabin
but some water eventually gets down into the bilge.

As we have a keel stepped mast, some rain water makes it down the mast into
the bilge and the bulge pump never gets the last 3/4" or so.  That water
can slosh out of the bilge when heeled way over and then gets caught in the
"spider" web grid of internal hull reinforcement. some of those area do not
have limber holes as they are only 1" to 2" deep so the water just has to
evaporate (or slosh back out on the next tack).

Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
S/V Salazar - Can 54955
C&C 37/40 XL - Hull # 67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia