Jake,

Diesel is a "wet" fuel so besides the smell you have to vent the water
vapor as well.  The burner chamber is contained and vented to the
atmosphere through a small (~2") hose and micro fan (CPU fan).  The burner
sits below a "glass top" so there is no exposed flame.  When you close the
optional lid a blower comes on and draws air in from behind, under the
lid/over the burner and out the front.  Cabin heater.  They also make a
version with an oven and I'm pretty sure they are designed to fit in place
of common propane and alcohol models.  The name of the company is wallas
but you need to follow the link below.

http://www.scanmarineusa.com/

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+

--
When privacy matters.
http://www.secure-my-email.com
On Jun 29, 2013 7:54 AM, "Jake Brodersen" <captain_j...@cox.net> wrote:

> Josh,****
>
> ** **
>
> While a diesel stove seems safer and uses the same fuel you already carry,
> the resulting odor in the cabin has got to be ghastly.  A diesel heater has
> an exhaust to get rid of the odor.  What can they do to a stove to make the
> smell go away?****
>
> ** **
>
> Jake****
>
> ** **