Brian,

We once had a steering cable snap on our 1978 C&C 34 (the previous Enterprise)
and we had to use the emergency tiller.

The boat was practically impossible to steer, especially under power with the
pressure of the prop wash.

We ended up using some line and some blocks on the toe rail to a winch so to
turn right we cranked in and to turn left we eased out.

It lasted us long enough to get to a place to get a repair done.

All the best,

Edd

-------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay