From: "Woody Hamel" <woodyha...@live.ca>
To: "Steve Thomas" <sthom...@sympatico.ca>, cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:31:18 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List HIN Again - Sorry

Hi Steve,
I just want to say hi and I'm pretty sure I married a friend of yours Dave
Body's daughter Jean. It would be nice to meet you when we come down St. Thomas
and to Port Stanley's way. It is a small world.
Our HIN is ZCC260270477. Does this mean made in Canada (where I don't know), 26
footer, 27 not sure, and I guess April of 1977.

We are new to the C and C's but I certainly love the boat! It is very spacious
with lots of deck for moving around. I find it hard to believe it is a 26. Can
anyone else share what they believe sets the 26 apart from other 26 footers?

Being a 1977 does that make it a Mark III? The interior looks like the pics in
the picture board.

We have 2 kids under 2, I have put mesh netting around the boat and have set up
a harness for the older 20 month old. We go to the boat almost everyday, and
have gone sailing a few times, the kids love it! Does anyone have any ideas or
stories of making sailing with this age group easier?

TV is helpful, we use the leaf antenna which has been working great. Put it on
deck thru the front hatch, and I have even closed the hatch on the cable
without hurting it.

Another question is regarding offshore rating which my internet search
indicated was not very good. What makes an offshore rating, and what would you
guys consider the offshore abilites of the 26?

Well quite a long message, I will finish by saying there are a lot of very
knowledgeable members of this group and I have enjoyed, and been learning a lot
from the posts! Have a great day.

Cheers,
Woody Hamel
Goldfinch 26 Mk?
Pickering ON, Frenchman's Bay, lake ontario.