Blair,

There is an access panel in the ceiling of the very back of the aft berth.
Take those screws out and remove the panel.  Mine also has an drain pan above
that.  Once that is gone, you have a pretty good view of the cable and the
rudder post and you should be able to figure out what might be going on.

Jim Reinardy
C&C 30-2 Firewater
Milwaukee, WI

Sent from my iPhone